Monday, August 2, 2010

Roller Derby Training Day 1

Well I've made the decision to train, practice and try out for the Kansas City Roller Warriors. It will be a big commitment on top of school and hopefully a job, but I am going to do my best to make it work. That said, there are two weeks until the first day of Pump-Up Camp, a roller derby training program that will run from now until about October. So, to start getting myself ready for 2hr practices two to three times per week, I'm going to be going out and skating or jogging for about two hours every day to at least begin to get myself back in shape. Today's training was relatively light because my rollerblades are crap and out of balance, and because I'm an out of shape pansy. Out of about two hours, however, I did spend half my time skating so I feel that by starting day I should be doing pretty well.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.4

No comments:

Post a Comment