Monday, October 4, 2010

Been a while...

Derby is still good, have had to miss some practices due to schoolwork or not feeling well. Am looking into trying out a different league that is slightly less competitive in the way of quantity of girls trying to get on a team, at least for the next few years while I build my skills and get through school. School is also good, though I am sick today and not very happy about it. I have a lot to get done. Hopefully I will be feeling better tomorrow so that I can dive in and make up for today. Outside of that, I am looking into yet again switching jobs. I love working at Waxy's but I'm just not making the money that I need to make. I'd like to be able to move out next year, but there's no way that I can work enough to be able to do that on tips. I have an interview tomorrow with DermaDoctor down in the Crossroads; apparently they are going to open a "temporary" store on the Plaza for the fall/winter season with hopes that it will do well and become a permanent store. My permanence within the company will be the deciding factor on whether or not I accept any job offer from them...I really don't want to take a position and then be without a job again in a few months. Depending on what my projected schedule would be with them, I would like to try to keep possibly Saturday days and closing on Sundays at Waxy's just to keep my foot in the door with the service industry and also because the manager has begun to take over the Sunday night shift and last night let me behind the bar and began teaching me to pour beer! My goal in becoming a server was to turn it into bartending, so we shall see what comes of that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I noticed art as one of your interests, I started a new art blog maybe u'll like it! Thanks and keep up great work.

    ReplyDelete